Friday, March 2, 2012

Tick Tock


Where has the time gone?

It’s hard to believe we’re in the final stretch of first-year Creative Communications because it feels as though we just started… until I look at how far we’ve come.

A couple things happened this week that made me realize just how quickly this year has flown by.

First off, the applications for a new crop of Creative Communications were due this week… we’re CreComm rookies no more.

And second, one teacher told us to take a look at the most recent assignment we finished and compare it with the first one we handed in at the beginning of the year.

That was easy because frankly there was no comparison.

Before I was accepted to this whirlwind of a program I read the blogs of some of the then first-year students  (who are now, of course, in their second year). In one way or another, a word kept coming up: confidence.

Some wrote about confidence in terms of how much their writing had improved. Others said they never thought they would have had the confidence to go after their dream jobs but all that had changed for them…

I think I understand where these students were coming from. Yes, it’s true your whole life becomes CreComm for two years but based on everything I’ve learned in such a relatively short period of time, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment