Friday, February 3, 2012

Radio girl


A 28-hour day would sure come in handy these days… especially with talk of IPP (Independent Professional Projects).

What type of project would you want to spend a year of your life doing? The advice I’ve heard from former CreCommers is to choose something you’re passionate about. Something you want to spend your time doing… otherwise it’s going to be a long, long year.

I thought about writing a novella… but had no idea about what to write about (hardly a mark of passion...or maybe a sign that I have more thinking to do...).

I can’t draw or take pictures to save my life, so that’s out.

Then it came to me--I’m a radio show/documentary junkie and listen to CBC and NPR as much as possible. For a long time, my dream job was to work for “This American Life.”
Photo by: http://goo.gl/Qa1J7
 So maybe that’s the direction to go in… a “personalized” radio doc… hmmm…. That’s something I could get excited about. "Stay tuned” for more as I figure it all out…

No comments:

Post a Comment